Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I request more than one sign?
- To request more than one of the same sign, specify the quantity in the field to the left of the ADD TO CART button, above. To request different signs, add one address number, click ADD TO CART, then enter the next.
- How will I receive my sign?
- You will be notified when your sign is ready and can be picked up during regular business hours at the Mendocino County Resource Conservation District, 410 Jones St Ste C-3, Ukiah.
- Can I pay by check?
- We accept orders paid by check, made out to MCFSC, and submitted via US Mail. Please include in your order a name, the address number(s), adequate funds ($20 per sign), and contact information (we prefer both email and telephone).
- Is there a discount if I order more than one sign?
- We distribute signs nearly at cost, and do not offer discounts.
- Can we organize our community and put together a large sign order?
- Yes, we can accommodate a large sign order paid by check(s) and submitted via US Mail or dropped at our office. Please be sure to include the requested numbers, adequate funds ($20 per sign), a contact name, and contact information (we prefer both email and telephone) and send to:
Mendocino County Fire Safe Council
410 Jones St, Ste C-3
Ukiah, CA 95482
- Do the signs come with a pole?
- Signs do not come with a pole. People often purchase sign mounting hardware (such as T or U posts) at Friedman’s or Home Depot. On isle #49, Friedman’s sells 72 inch U-posts, with two pre-drilled holes that are 4” apart and align with the pre-drilled holes on our signs, for around $5.
- When will my sign be ready for pickup?
- The time it takes for our volunteers to make signs varies, but they are usually done within of a couple of weeks from receipt of donation.
- Can I order a vertical sign?
- Yes, you can specifically request a vertical sign by including the word “vertical” with your address number. However, the default and recommended orientation is horizontal. Emergency responders prefer a horizontal sign because it is easier to read.
- Can the sign include a letter or an arrow?
- Yes, we can accommodate a letter or small arrow (< or >) in your address.
- Can I order a road name composed of alphabetical characters?
- No, we provide address number signs only.
- Why do I need a reflective address sign?
- 4 inches in height, 0.5-inch stroke, reflectorized, and contrasting placed at each driveway entrance and visible from both directions of travel along the road
- where they are and where they are going. This simple step will help make emergency responder’s critical work a little easier.
- What if I have further questions?
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information.