Firefighters and other first responders need to be able to find you in an emergency—even under smoky conditions. California code requires addresses be marked by REFLECTIVE SIGNS, clearly visible from both directions on the roadway. To make Mendocino County better prepared for wildfires and other emergencies, the Mendocino County Fire Safe Council has initiated a “Reflect to Protect” program. For a donation of $20, you can obtain a custom, two-sided, green-and-white address sign for your home.
To request your personal reflective address sign, please send your donation to:
Mendocino County Fire Safe Council
410 Jones St, Ste C-3
Ukiah, CA 95482
Please include the following:
- The address number(s)
- A $20 donation for each requested sign, in the form of a check made out to MCFSC
- A name, contact email and phone number
You will be notified when your sign is ready and can be picked up during regular business hours at the Mendocino County Resource Conservation District, 410 Jones St Ste C-3, Ukiah. Signs also may be picked up in Comptche. Please consider organizing with your neighbors to send, receive, and distribute a group request. This will make it easier for everyone, and is a great way to encourage your community to become fire safe!
- Signs do not come with a pole; people often purchase sign mounting poles at Friedman’s or Hope Depot.
- The time it takes for our volunteers to make signs varies, but they are usually done within of a couple of weeks from receipt of donation.
- You can specifically request a vertical sign, but the default and recommended orientation is horizontal. Emergency responders prefer a horizontal sign because it is easier to read.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information.