Welcome to Mendocino County Community Wildfire Protection . You can use this page to learn about current projects in the works, helpful information about getting your property more protected from fire and to also update our maps with information to help fight wildfires.
This Community Wildfire Protection Plan developed for Mendocino County:
- Was collaboratively developed. Interested parties and federal agencies managing land in Mendocino County have been consulted.
- Identifies and prioritizes areas for hazardous fuel reduction treatments and recommends the types and methods of treatment that will protect Mendocino County.
- Recommends measures to reduce the ignitability of structures throughout the area addressed by the Plan.
This is made possible by the generous contributions of the Mendocino County Board of Supervisors and Pacific Gas and Electric Company
This site is made possible through the generous donations of the Mendocino County Board of Supervisors and Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
- MCCWPP – Maps
- MCCWPP– Plan
- MCCWPP– Chapter 1
- MCCWPP– Chapter 2
- MCCWPP– Chapter 3
- MCCWPP – APPENDIX A: PRE- FIRE PROJECTS
- MCCWPP– APPENDIX B: UNIT GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- MCCWPP– APPENDIX C: FUEL TREATMENT DESCRIPTIONS
- MCCWPP – APPENDIX D: LOCAL FIRE SAFE COUNCILS
- MCCWPP– APPENDIX E: COMMUNITY WILDLAND PROTECTION PLAN
- MCCWPP– APPENDIX F: IGNITION MANAGEMENT PLAN
- MCCWPP– EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- MCCWPP– MENDOCINO UNIT STRATEGIC FIRE PLAN
- MCCWPP– SECTION 1: UNIT OVERVIEW
- MCCWPP– SECTION II: COLLABORATION
- MCCWPP – SECTION III: VALUES
- MCCWPP– SECTION IV: PRE-FIRE MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
- MCCWPP– SECTION V: PRE- FIRE MANAGEMENT TACTICS
- MCCWPP– CHAPTER 4
- MCCWPP – COMMUNITY PROJECTS