Hopland Community Wildfire Protection Plan
This page is dedicated to the Hopland Community Wildfire Protection Plan. Use this page to read the plan, view maps, and find community designated work plan identified by the CWPP.
This Community Wildfire Protection Plan developed for the community of Hopland:
- Was collaboratively developed and meets the intent of the Healthy Forest Restoration Act. Interested parties and federal agencies managing land in the Hopland, California area have been consulted.
- Identifies and prioritizes areas for hazardous-fuel reduction treatments, and recommends the types and methods of treatment that will protect this area.
- Recommends measures to reduce the ignitability of structures throughout the Plan area.
- Is intended for use as a planning and assessment tool only, utilizing a compilation of community issues and goals and projected fire mitigation strategies.
- Assists and encourages compliance with current county and state fire code standards.
Funding for this project was made available by the US Forest Service through the CA Fire Safe Council and from the Community Foundation of Mendocino County.