2022 Defensible Space Assistance Program
DSAFIE (Defensible Space Assistance for Income-Eligible) helps low-income seniors and persons with physical disabilities adhere to defensible space regulations, which are designed to protect homes and lives in wildfire-prone areas. If you are physically and financially unable to maintain the state-mandated 100’ of defensible space around your home, the DSAFIE program may provide FREE help. PLEASE USE THE APPLICATION ABOVE TO ENROLL, OR CALL OUR OFFICE AT 707-462-3662. Due to limited staffing, it may take a couple of weeks to receive confirmation of your application.
DSAFIE services may include:
- Brush and tree trimming/thinning.
- Roof and gutter cleaning.
- Raking of dead leaves and pine needles.
- Chipping of removed vegetation. (Unless agreed on prior to the work chips are usually left onsite.)
- Work performed by insured contractors.
- You must be 65 years or older or must be unable to complete this work due to physical disabilty.
- You must be Financially unable to hire a contractor.
- You must be the legal owner of the property to be cleared, or be the party legally responsible for landscape maintenance.
- You will need to sign a Landowner Access Agreement giving permission for our crew to enter and work on your property.
- One- Person household income: less than 39,150 (annually).
- Two- Person household income: less than 59,128 (annually).
- Three- Person household income: less than 88,692 (annually).
- Four- Person household income: less than 118,256 ( annually).
This service is supported by the County of Mendocino, through an allocation of PG&E disaster-relief settlement funds.